Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Wake Up Call

I'm sorry I haven't been posting for a while. But I have returned! So this takes some set-up. My family and I were on a cruise. As nice as the ship was, the rooms were unbearably small. Basically, imagine one big bed in the middle of the room, and about a foot and a half of room on the sides, maybe two. Then above that, coming from the ceiling, are two of the smallest beds you've ever seen. You  see this when you walk into the room from the "hallway". There's a small passageway between the beds and the door. On the left of that hallway is a puny bathroom, barely big enough to contain the necessary things; a toilet, a bath/shower combo, and a counter with a sink. So, as you can tell, everyone was a bit confined, especially since there were four of us. My sister and I slept on the ceiling "beds", and my mom and dad on the bed below. By the way, no railings on the ceiling beds, so if we fell, it would be on our mom and dad. Not that that has anything to do with the story.

I forgot why, but one of the seven days on the cruise required us to wake up pretty early, so my mom scheduled a wake up call. In the morning, the phone rang, doing it's purpose to wake us all up. It was pitch black in the room. Suddenly we heard a loud boom and a groan. My mom had jumped out of bed, and ran right into the wall beside her. I guess she had forgotten the size of the room...the pitch black didn't help either. 

So, that is the story of why you should never schedule a wake up call on a cruise ship with tiny rooms. Just use your iPhone or something! Also, be aware of your surroundings. :)

Also, final note, if you ever have something to suggest for my next entry, or a question, you can leave a comment or email me at llamahouseparty@gmail.com. Love you all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment